Do you know your slurry heel from your foul of the foot? Or your necrotic toe from your sole ulcer?
Are you aware of how much your milk yield would increase if you could get rid of lameness on your farm, let alone improve your cow’s comfort and wellbeing?
If not, come and join Steve Paul and his team in the new purpose-built Cowsfeet building for one of their up-coming Lameness Workshops Days on the following dates:
2019 Dates: Thursday 21st March, Thursday 13th June, Thursday 24th October
- Day-long courses take place both in a classroom environment as well as on-farm. In the classroom we look at:
- Confirmation of the cow’s foot
- Conditions and diseases of the foot (why and how diseases and conditions can occur and how to avoid them)
- Which tools and treatments to use – where and when
- Practise trimming on dead feet
After a delicious home-cooked lunch, we take you out to a local dairy farm to locomotion score an entire herd and watch Steve Paul trim some problem cows. Depending on your level of competency you could have some hands-on experience yourself. A Q&A session will take place on the farm.
We’ll then return to the Cowsfeet building for tea and a round table discussion to end the day.
Venue address: Cowsfeet.co.uk, BA22 7LH
Length: One Day Workshop
Arrival: 8.30 a.m. for 9.00 a.m. prompt start
Finish: 5.00 p.m.
Attendance: £100 for the day, refreshments and lunch included in the price
Coming from further away? Accommodation is available on request.
Our courses qualify for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points.